Full Care Birth Package
As a birth doula, I provide prenatal education and in-person labor support. My goal is for your birth to be a strong foundation for the start of your family. Prenatally, I help you figure out what this will look like for you, and we work together to make it happen. Contact me to see how doula support can work for your birth.
- 2 prenatal visits in the comfort of your own home. Each visit lasts about 2 hours. This is time for education, exercises, questions, and getting to know each other. Any prenatal visit after 36 weeks can include a session of acupressure to prepare your body for labor and birth.
- On-call for your birth. I am ready to provide support for your birth – day or night – from 38 weeks onward.
- Labor support. I support you emotionally and physically so that you can labor and birth in as healthy and empowering a way as possible. I am there not only to support you, but also to support your husband, if present, providing tips, reassurance, and time for rest and nourishment. Many hands make light work!
- 2 postpartum visits. In the days and weeks after birth, I come to your home twice to check in. We talk over your experience, and I can help you with breastfeeding, pumping, (cloth) diapering, sleeping arrangements, etc.
This service is available regardless of whether I am your doula. I offer acupressure sessions starting at 36 weeks gestation, in the comfort of your home. Each session is approximately one hour. I use a protocol designed for doulas by Dr. Keith Bell to prepare your body for a smooth labor and birth. For my doula clients who would like to add extra acupressure sessions outside of our prenatal appointments, the cost is reduced. Contact me to schedule a session.
Postpartum Doula Support
As a postpartum doula, I provide in-home assistance for your ‘fourth trimester’ – baby’s first 3 months after birth. Every family is different, and the support I offer varies to match the situation. I offer breastfeeding and pumping support, meal prep and cooking, light housework, baby and child care so parents can sleep, companionship, overnight care, and help troubleshooting the issues that may arise in the first weeks after birth. Contact me to discuss the package that would work best for you.
- 1 intake meeting, ideally while you are still pregnant, but can occur whenever you decide you want postpartum support. We discuss your situation and decide on a care package that fits your needs.
- After your baby (or babies) is born, I begin my in-person care, coming to your home as often as we agreed upon at our initial meeting. The duration of care can be extended as needed, and as my schedule allows. Some families want extra support for a week, while other families need support for the full 12 weeks.
- By the end of my time with you, I want you to feel confident on your own. My goal is to work myself out of a job, leaving you feeling healthy, whole, and capable of parenting well!