Inspired by the education I received during my first pregnancy and birth, I trained as a doula with toLabor in 2012. Since then, I have worked in five different states and supported over 20 families. Now I live Greenville and serve families in Upstate South Carolina – including Greenville, Traveler’s Rest, Spartanburg, Greer, Taylors, Mauldin, and Simpsonville. I provide birth doula support in hospitals, birthing centers, and at home. I also offer postpartum doula support for the transitional weeks after birth.
At birth, a meeting occurs in a way that never happens at any other point in life. A mother and child, connected and yet unknown, journey together through the life-giving work of labor. They meet in a rush of incredible love. The child is born. The family is born.
My goal as a doula is to help you achieve the strongest beginning for your life as a new family. I believe that this comes when you fully recognize your voice in the decisions and choices surrounding your pregnancy and birth. As a doula, I bring you information to help you make your decisions — and help you know what decisions there are to be made. The result is empowered parents who can advocate for themselves and their family, and feel confident in making informed decisions long after the doula has gone home.
- 2012 ~ 26-hour toLabor Birth Doula training (in-person).
- 2014 ~ 14-hour Acupressure for Doulas training. Where allowed, I now offer prenatal, perinatal, and postpartum acupressure to facilitate a smooth birth and recovery.
- 2016 ~ Completed my certification as a Birth Doula.
- 2016 ~ 6-hour Breastfeeding for Doulas class with Ayelet Kaznelson, IBCLC
- 2017 – present. Ongoing training in Herbal Medicine for Women with Dr. Aviva Romm.
- 2019 ~ 27-hour DONA Postpartum Doula training (in-person).